Silagen Gel Instructions for Use
- Begin using Silagen Gel when wound has healed or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Wash and dry the area being treated before every application of Silagen Gel.
- Apply a very small amount of Silagen Gel to the area being treated, creating a thin layer covering the scar. Gently massage.
- Once dry (typically 1 to 2 minutes), Silagen Gel can be covered by clothing, cosmetics, sunblock and bandages.
- Apply Silagen Gel two to three times daily. Reapplication is recommended after bathing, swimming or exercising.
- Do not apply Silagen Gel topical silicone gel under Silagen sheeting or the sheeting will lose its stickiness.
- Silagen Gel should be worn 12 to 24 hours per day– the more time Silagen Gel is in contact with the scar, the greater the effect.
- Silagen Gel should be used for a minimum of two months and additional improvement may occur with use up to six months.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, apply Silagen Gel to a small area for 1 to 2 days. If no rash/irritation occurs, apply to entire scar area.
- Store Silagen Gel in a cool, dry place when not in use.
FOR OPTIMAL RESULTS
- For optimal results, use Silagen silicone sheeting whenever possible and Silagen silicone gel whenever the sheeting is not being used to provide 24 hour-a-day coverage. DO NOT USE BOTH PRODUCTS AT THE SAME TIME.
- Never use Silagen Gel topical silicone gel or any other creams, lotions, ointments or perfumes under Silagen sheets or the sheets will lose their adhesiveness.